Tuesday 20 July 2010

Lost in Translation

I had a funny French and English situation today. Up to now I have been racing under FRE sails as the boat was already registered in France, but recently I found out I could have GBR and keep the boat registration the same.

When we were working on my new jib, I cut new GBR to bring back and put on the sails. Today I laid out all my sails in the French Mini clubhouse where I keep the boat and pulled off the FRE’s and replaced with GBR’s, but I hadn’t realised how many of the locals were looking with dismay at what I was up too. Oops all that I could have done to be less subtle was have the national anthem blaring in the background…. Nice work on the foreign relation!

Other updates, I had no problems with the ECG test so I have the all clear on the medical side. And I am waiting in Lorient today for a package to arrive but if there is no sign of it by tomorrow morning I will leave for Les Sables anyway.

I also I have started my detailed weather analysis for the start of the Azores, getting daily forecasts and running different routing options. It looks like the Azores high has started to do what it is supposed. Hopefully it will remain stable and make the routing simple. The general plan will be beating out of Les Sable to lay Finisterre, Spain before heading south of rum line and coming in fast to the Azores... but all could change.

No comments:

Post a Comment