Saturday 10 July 2010

Azores Preparation

Its been a few weeks since my last post, I'm now back in Lorient after delivering my boat and 772 back from Douarnenez. I have been sail testing with my much needed new jib, which I'm very happy with. Thanks to Conrad and Gerry from Medina Sailcare.

I have also been working through all dream list jobs I wanted to do before the Azores. Fitting stacking lee cloths for all the kit and water to be properly positioned for downwind surfing. Working on a new adjustable bobstay so I can get better code 5 luff tension. Some new electronics and lots of rope work repairing bit after the Fastnet.

My big job that left on the boat is NKE and pilot cal liberation, so early next week I plan to head offshore for a few nights to do lots of sail changes and electronics testing.

I have also been doing some work on mini 772, helping to get Ulf Branstroms boat ready for his 1000Nm qualifier.

I am feeling very happy with the boat and I am close to ready for the Azores, I have to go for the ECG and stress test medical next week and will then think heading down to Les Sables.

Now I just need to spend a lot of time planning and looking at weather/routing so I have an idea of which way I'm going in the race.... it always helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment