Wednesday 24 March 2010

Leaving Foggy Lymo Town


The big day finally came. Today I packed up all the kit and headed out of Lymington with the boat in tow. Now I’m on the ferry and the tiredness from the last few months has suddenly hit me and a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Its time to put the boat back where it should be and go sailing again!

I want to say a few more thanks, to everyone at Berton for all the help and space to work on the boat especially Chris, Kevin and Pete from the paint shed and Kim from the office. And to all of my mates and family, for all the support over the last few months.

The plan now, is to drive (very slowly) from St. Malo to base in Lorient, then to work on my boat for another week or so, doing all the fine-tuning and setting up the rig. Next a quick trip to Dark Shadow in St.Remo. Then straight back into training and my first event the Demi Cle on the 17th of April, I can’t wait!

Then it’s all about hours on the water. But first the longest sleep I’ve had in a long time, even if it is on the ferry

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dan, Have been watching your progress since Jimmy gave me your site details ....the craft looks great and we hope you have success in it....Give our wishes to Jimmy in San Remo, guess you knew he passed the theory aspect of his Yachtmasters and now has to do a sailing test to complete it. Have a few beers for me in congratulating him please...Cheers, John and Margo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,
    Not sure if you get a copy of the reply but I'll give it a go. Thanks its been a lot of hard work over the winter but all worth it to be back in France and preparing for my first event on the 17th of April.
    Down with Jimmy now and we'll defiantly have a couple of beers for you. Hope to see you both soon. Dan

    ReplyDelete