Sunday 16 May 2010

1000Nm Qualifier

The day has finally come to head off on my 1000Nm qualifier. Its strange a long time before I even owned Night Fever I knew all about the 1000Nm qualification process and that one day I would be heading off to tick the box. Well now its here!

Its a strange concept because it's the only time your not racing/delivering/training in the boat so there is lots of extra kit you can take, but at the same time you want to be in race mode as much as possible to knock off the mile.

Most of the guys seem to dread the whole process but I'm really looking forward to 7-14 days away getting offshore miles in. I do have a slight time constraint as I have to be at the pre-race arrival in 2 weeks for the next race, but there's plenty of time.

The course is from Lorient up to a mark off Cork Ireland, then back down around a buoy off La Rochelle and round the Island, finally back up to Lorient. I won't stop and will keep heading North to the start of the race near Breast.

Finger crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment