Wednesday 28 April 2010

2nd Outing

Wow what a tough race, lots of short tight legs so no real sleeping time.... so very tired now.

I had a dream start, got the exact position I wanted on the line. I promised myself I'd take it easy but got the dinghy competitiveness as soon as the start sequence started. I went hard left for the breeze off the line and the locals all went right to the beach and tide (local knowledge again), I ended up in the top few to the top mark, felt good to beat the top end boats, but the tables turned as we rounded the mark for the first power reach, we all hoisted zeros, the new boats canted their keels and I disappeared down below to pump water into my ballast tanks, by the time I came back up they were gone. So I had a few strange hours, a head of all the production boats but behind the new weapons on the way up to Birvideaux.

It closing time in marina office so I'm getting booted out, to be continued tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment