Tuesday 5 January 2010

Working in the snow

I have been working hard through the Christmas period and have managed to move on a lot further but not on in the order I was planning, as the weather has been so bad for laminating/ painting.
I have finally managed to get the patch all re-laminated and fared in, it took longer than normal as it was taking so long to get each layer to go off.
I have all the spars stripped down and prepared ready for painting, I just need to make a decision about keeping or replacing the mast track. I am still very keen to change it for a carbon track but have been taken back by the price of pre-made track so I am back thinking about laminating carbon tube and cutting a track. If any one has any recommendation it would be greatly appreciated.
Today I spent the day labelling/documenting/removing the NKE system to be sent back to the factory and tested for faults, to try and avoid anymore problems.
I am still hoping to rent a shed and move the boat as I am getting close to being ready to paint. Bring on some better weather and the end of the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment